Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Heyyyyy

And so, I decided to make this blog so yall can see what's up? I have a feeling that this being the first blog, it'll be the longest. I go through crazy journeys/experiences, and random thoughts go through my head; and if I haven't told you about it yet, read them here. =)

So, my summer started like a month ago. My first year of college. Wow. It never ceases to amaze me that I actually made it. Countless hours studying, not having to eat for a whole day, losing sleep, exams, midterms, finals. I even changed my major twice. It's official, I'm studying Biology this Fall semester. After that? Who knows what. I'm sure I will stick to the medical field. Oncology is quite interesting. (it's the study of cancer if you didn't know that already) Learning about it my Health and Wellness class inspired me. My Professor said "It's something good to look into" I think I'll consider it.

I was lost. From majoring in Nursing, Music, now Biology? yeah i know what you're thinking. Those are two different things. Well me goal with music was to not only continue my music career from high school to college, but I just wanted to learn it. Learn it some more. Hopefully use it for the Administration for the Church. I was on my own with this dream. I guess there was only a few who supported me. My grandma. "I knew what I wanted, and I knew where I was going so no one else mattered." That's what was going through my mind for this year. Music is definitely not easy learning it in college. I guess I changed my mind for the better, I can STILL learn it on the side. Having a backup plan is the best way to stash this Music dream. No one changed my mind for me. I did it myself. I realized this one Sunday morning in Worship Service. MUSIC IS MY LIFE. Those school concerts, shows, auditions, open mics, battles? yeah I miss high school. Bes' believe ima shine.

I'm still working on it too. I recently picked up the guitar. I suck. kids usually place piano and guitar in the category of their most played instruments, but I'll choose piano for now. Guitar's cool. Me holding one looks good. haha. Just kidding, I'm no quitter. But the only one who will ever hear me play guitar is my dog, Elvis. He thinks its soothing because he sleeps next to me, while I strum horribly. =T I'm learning to me youtube savy. So when I get better, I shall share with the world. Only random vids are on my channel right now though. www.youtube.com/yeeitsmylo mostly with family and friends because I record embarrasing moments, and post them publicly. nice!

What are my plans for this summer? other than getting a job. I just really want to chill with my family. We sorta need it. It's the perfect time, because school's out, vacations are available. Also, I need to see my friends from high school. We've still been keeping in touch. But I need to at least spend time with them and then get a job. hehe. My dad understands. Don't worry I've sent apps in for jobs. Mostly retail stores. Wow, who knows where I will spend my paycheck. Mostly the clothes. I cannot work where there is food. I will eat it all. period.

I've been hanging/talking to my grandma a lot. She's such an inspiration to me. She always has. And we've created some kind of bond. Though I don't see my grandma often, she'll never fail to call me. Even if it's 9 in the morning and she thinks I am awake. She will just call to ask what I'm having for lunch, or that she gave Sydney (her dog) a bath. cracks me up. She works at night, so the house is to herself. She's probably bored while my grandpa and cousin are working during the day. Me and my grandma have been going shopping lately, making me go do errands with her, or anything for her to waste my gas. jk But her company is golden. She says that the family is sort of settle in their satisfied lives, so she's considering of moving back to the Philippines. Of course I don't want her to go. She says that she feels the need to go there. Grandma wanted me to go there for college (still forcing me 'til this day). She's taught me so much. My future is important to her, she says. She wants me to do well. My grandma also recently told me that I don't get much attention in the family. I used to, but I don't anymore. I didn't understand what that meant at first. She said "You are so independent now. I'm proud of you. I don't problems with you." Is my granny saying I'm no longer the problem grandchild? yessss. =P

I've come to realize that I took some things for granted. Or maybe there were just called distractions? distracted then. You know what I'm talking about. I let my grades slip during Fall semester. So there was, Winter break. BAM. came back and was like, no boys. I need to focus. =P

I'm into this one. I'm not sure what I call it though. Friends quote, "You'll never hear Mymy say that she likes someone." it's true. I don't say it very often cause well, I'll scare myself. if I give myself even the slighest bit of the high hopes by saying it outloud, I like so and so, it'll turn into a roller coaster. Like what Irene calls it. I guess so. I dig him. I just need to know if I should back off or not. I thought I was named "Miss Obvious". Apparently he can't read. LOL!!
or maybe I'm shy? sike!!
no rush though. being single is cool. I've got things to do anyways. =P

I'm tryna get back into dance class. coz i miss those 5-6 years of cheerleading. I need to express myself in one more other way. Other than writing music, or blogging or..talking. hehe

recently recently, Ethan, my baby cousin, had his 1st birthday party last saturday and even shared it with his new born sister Chelsea Hannah. (D.O.B. May 24, 2009) wanna know something cool? Ethan was born May 25, 2008! Having kids that are born within less than a year apart are called --Irish Twins.

The Gang finally has a plan to go to the shore. I need color. even kids say that's I'm already the darkest. I feel the need to be tan. and touch the water. and get that funnel cake. and show skin. moreover chilling with the gang, coz we've been getting closer, surprisingly. which I absolutely love. drama kills anyways.

I hope this wasn't too long, or too boring for anyone who will actually read this. So how did I do on my first blog?

1 comment:

  1. Is there an I like button?
    but I'm glad you decided to blog =]
    so if and when I move I can see whats up with MyLo's life.

    P.S.
    Your Granny is funny.
    actually, youre entire family is.

    ReplyDelete